How do I renew my Massachusetts Construction Supervisor License?
Your renewal date is every two years. Two months prior to your renewal date, the State will send you a renewal application. For renewal you must have completed your continuing education courses then send proof of completion, the $100 renewal fee and the application to the State.
- Complete the required continuing education credits
- Complete and mail in the renewal application
- Attach payment and certificates of completion
- Click here for more information: https://www.mass.gov/how-to/renew-your-construction-supervisor-license
How much continuing education do I need to renew my CSL?
A licensed construction supervisor must take continuing education courses every two years based upon license category.
- Construction Supervisor License – 12 hours of continuing education credits
- Restricted Construction Supervisors (identified as 1 and 2 Family License on the license card) – 10 hours of continuing education credits
- Specialty Construction Supervisors – 6 hours of continuing education credits
I missed my renewal date and my license expired, is there a grace period for renewal?
There is a one year grace period to renew licenses after expiration. For an additional fee of $100.00, licenses can be renewed up to two years after expiration. Beyond that it’s necessary to take an exam and apply for a new license. Remember that if your license has expired you are no longer able to exercise the privileges of a Contractor Supervisor.
Can I take the same continuing education class twice and still receive credit for it?
You can’t take the same course in the same licensing cycle and get credit. You can repeat the same class as long as it is in a different licensing cycle.
Need to find a course?